Friday, December 25, 2009

run toward his light.

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoyed reading my blog as much as I enjoyed writing it! I would love to hear your feedback, in case I decide to do this again next year. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year!

You are a painter and have just been commissioned to do a large oil-on-canvas painting that depicts something about the holiday season. What scene would you choose to paint?

I think I would paint the wise men following the star.


And who are you?

Not an angel, no.

Not Herod.

But perhaps you are

A magi, mapping the miracle

On a chart of stars;

A Shepherd

Trading sleep

For a chance to seek

A golden child

In swaddling clothes;

A Simeon

Who has hoped for a lifetime

To find the one called

Emmanuel, God with us.

Or are you like Mary,

Prayerfully waiting for the King of Kings

To be born in you?

Well, He is here!

Sing! Sing, “O, Holy Night.”

Run toward His Light!

-Voices of Christmas by Nikki Grimes

2 comments:

  1. Great poem by Nikki Grimes. It's been a really special advent season following your blog, and being ministered to each day. To Him be the glory.

    I would want to paint the glorious scene of a host of angels singing to the shepherds - must have been quite a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Sarah Beth! I loved your blog, it was invigorating and a fun way to engage in advent.
    I liked the ice breakers, the music videos, the excerpts and your comments.

    Thanks for playing violin Christmas eve with us, that was a blessing. Peace!

    ReplyDelete