Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the return of advent.

           Well, the Advent blog is back! Despite my recent graduation from Boston University, I’m actually finding myself quite busy these days, what with planning a wedding and other little things like that, so I was worried that I might not have enough time to write this year. However, I had so much fun last year that I couldn’t resist jumping back in, especially after a particularly inspiring conversation with my mom, who is an Advent aficionado.
            For those of you who read along last year, some things will look the same, but my mom and I have come up with a few new ideas as well. Since I’m home in Nashville for the majority of the Advent season this year, I’ll be able to share a little more with you about various Bennett family traditions, such as Advent calendars, nativities, and Christmas cookies. Of course, I’ll still give you stories, music, devotionals, and icebreakers, among other things. I hope that you’ll contribute your thoughts and meditations as well!
            If you’re new to the idea of Advent (or just want a refresher), here’s the brief introduction I posted last year - http://somanyforeignroads.blogspot.com/2009/11/advent.html.
            Advent starts on December 1st, so check back soon – the blog officially begins tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous was Betsy, I just didn't figure out how to add my name:) We love and miss you. Look forward to reading more. Also, this isn't the place for it, but could you send me your parents address? They sent us the most wonderful bowl and I wanted to thank them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and miss you too, Betsy! I'll send you their address on facebook.

    ReplyDelete