Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ciao bella.

I spent last week in Firenze with Mary Love. It was so hot that we were basically melting, but it was nice to have a few days to spend with her and relax a little bit before heading off to start classes in Grenoble. I enjoyed getting to meet her friends, cooking in her little apartment that is only two blocks from the Duomo, and going out to get gelato everyday.

Of course, I couldn't really just relax in Florence. In the mornings while she was in class, I went to a bunch of museums, and then each day when she finished we would either visit a couple more or do something like going to shop at the Leather Market. I enjoyed going back to the most well-known museums, like the Uffizi and the Accademia, but I also really enjoyed seeing some of the less prominent places, like the Salvatore Ferragamo shoe museum and the Museum of San Marco. There is nothing quite like seeing all of this incredible art in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment