Monday, June 8, 2009

andrei.


Towards the end of my time in Bucharest, I had the chance to visit an orphanage and a baby hospital. It was so sad to see the kids who are stuck in these places. They have been abandoned by their parents, either because the family is too poor, the child has a medical condition, or the family thinks that the state can do a better job at raising the child. At the baby hospital, I held a little boy named Andrei for about an hour, and it broke my heart to lay him down and leave him there.

On my last day in Bucharest, the Kays took me to a couple of beautiful parks. This is a picture of me with Elizabeth and Krystina Kay. I had so much fun spending time with the lovely Kay family.

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! When I was in Bulgaria visiting an orphanage it completely broke me to leave those little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just not fair. If only we could love enough and be loved enough. How old is Andrei?

    ReplyDelete