Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bienvenue à Grenoble.

Bonjour!

I am finally in Grenoble! I have been very busy during the last week and a half, what with meeting new friends, taking classes, settling in at my homestay, and eating lots of French food. The city is surrounded by beautiful mountains, and
has two rivers that flow through it. There are lots of lovely parks, and little markets are set up every day all over the city.

For my homestay, I am living with a young woman named Sèverine in an apartment that is close to the center of the city. She is really sweet and very French, complete with a cat named Neptune. It has been wonderful, because I have gotten to meet a lot of her friends and do things like going out to a concert with her. I always look forwards to the dinners that I eat with her, because she cooks amazing French food, such as ratatouille and quiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment