Friday, December 24, 2010

the Lord's maid.

            If it were socially acceptable for you to play with any children’s toy, with which toy would you be spending a lot of time?
            American Girl dolls, hands down.






            “Go, Gabriel; go and tell Mary.”
            On a wave of worship I flew, this time alone. I circled through the clouds and over the ground. Below me was the city where Mary was born. The Father was right; I knew her in an instant. Her heart had no shadow. Her soul was as pure as any I’ve seen.
            I made the final descent. “Mary.” I kept my voice low so as not to startle her.
            She turned but saw nothing. Then I realized I was invisible to her. I waved my wings before my body and incarnated. She covered her face at the Light and shrank into the protection of the doorway.
            “Don’t be afraid,” I urged.
            The minute I spoke, she looked up toward the sky. Again I was amazed.
            I praised my Father for His wisdom. Her heart is so flawless, so willing. “Greetings. God be with you.”
            Her eyes widened, and she turned as if to run. “Mary, you have nothing to fear. You have found favor with God. You will become pregnant and give birth to a son and call His name Jesus. He will be great. He will be called the Son of the Highest. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; He will rule Jacob’s house forever – no end, ever, to His kingdom.”
            Though she was listening, she was puzzled.
            “But how? I’ve never slept with a man.”
            Before I spoke I looked up into the heavens. The Father was standing, giving me His blessing.
            I continued, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, the power of the highest hover over you; therefore, the child you bring to birth will be called Holy, Son of God. Nothing, you see, is impossible with God.”
            Mary looked at me then up into the sky. For a long time she gazed into the blueness, so long that I, too, looked up. Did she see the angels? Did the heavens open? I do not know. But I do know when I looked back at hear, she was smiling.
            “Yes, I see it all now: I’m the Lord’s maid, ready to serve. Let it be with me just as you say.”
            As she spoke, a Light appeared in her womb.

            -Cosmic Christmas by Max Lucado

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, definitely American Girl dolls. Or maybe paper dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate all of you who want to be the Lord's maid. You will be blessed.

    I still like little trucks & electric trains, and American Girl dolls are pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete